Take your music to new lows with the BT1 Bass Xtender! A not so secret weapon of elite bass players since 1982, the Xtender allows you to instantly drop the tuning of your low string and then back again with the flip of a lever. The BT1 is a direct replacement for the Schaller® BM tuner traditionally featured on MusicMan® and G&L® basses. Many independent custom builders choose this tuner as well.
- Drop a Major 2nd (E-D) and if your strings have standard thickness cores, you can go as low as a 4th (E-B)
- DoubleStop feature gives you a tuning position between the high and low for a total of three tunings on one string
- Robust stamped and machined steel construction
- 27:1 tuning ratio
- Fits 11/16" (17.5mm) headstock holes
- Adjustable tension nylon bearing system
- Long and short key options available (short key retrofits G&L®)
- Stainless steel key prevents tarnishing and rust where you touch the tuner the most
- Mounting hardware included
- Available in black, nickel, and gold finishes
Schaller® is a trademark of Schaller Electronic GmbH. Hipshot Products, Inc. is not associated with Schaller Electronic GmbH.
MusicMan® is a trademark of Ernie Ball, Inc. hipshot Products, Inc. is not associated with Ernie Ball.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to