I replaced the Tight-End R bridge of my Ibanez because of a broken saddle and I tried a Hipshot Fixed .175 bridge instead. I'm very happy with the result. You can see how I done it here
I have used this bridge on my latest build "Voodoo Moon Rising" as well as one of my baritone guitars. I am completely convinced that bridges with through the body string designs offer the most tone transmission of any other bridge design and that this bridge in particular, with the solid brass frame and stainless steel saddles, stands at the top of my list. It's my first choice of bridges bar none. I find this also true in both their guitar tuning machines as well as the bass tuning machines which I have been installing on my basses for twenty years. Keep up the quality control and design Hipshot, I'll endorse your product to the last guitar I build. - Bryon Suter - Luthier - Custom B Guitars
This is a drop-in replacement for over-sized hard tail bridge that comes with the MIM Cabronita. These are great guitars, especially at the current blow-out prices, but the saddles are made for a 2 1/8 sized bridge. The Cabronita requires a 2 1/8 sized bridge, such as the Hipshot 6 string fixed. It's a breeze to put in, lines up the strings properly, intonates much better than stock and sounds and plays great. Make your Cabronita better and put in a Hipshot.
Great product, one of the best hardtail bridges on the market. Solid construction and materials.
Great Bridge I use them on all my custom guitars! My customers love them too!
works great on mexican telecasters with the cheaper hardtail bridges. I'm talking about the cabronitas and the blacktops that come with the wannabe american standard hardtail bridges, perfect drop in.
Direct fit/ drop-in for a Wilkinson bent steel bridge that was OEM for US Masters guitars.
This is a SUPERIOR bridge!
This is what is NOW on US Masters as well as Pensa Guitars in NYC. Very smooth and comfortable to play on, intonates perfectly and the MASS of this bridge ADDS to your overall sustain and ringing bell-like tones from your guitar. This is a very NEEDED upgrade for ANY hardtail style guitar.
This bridge solved a couple of problems I was having with a custom strat copy I had put together and also provided some added benefits that I wasn't even looking for.
1) The narrow string spacing keeps both my high and low E strings on the fretboard.
2) The thicker baseplate gets my action where it should be, leaving plenty of room for adjustment. Apparently, the builder of the strat body didn't route the neck pocket deep enough resulting in extremely low action and a thin/tinny sounding guitar with a standard thickness bridge.
3) This is a very heavy and thick bridge. It added much needed weight to a very light strat. Now the overall weight and balance is very close to a fender.
4) Now the tone is warm and punchy. Very fat.
5) Extremely comfortable. I tend to rest my hand along the top of the bridge for a lot of playing and the smooth contours provide a very comfortable playing platform.
6) Great looks. It just looks high quality and cool. It also intonates accuratley and stays in tune.
Overall, great product, and mounts to standard hardtail bridge mounting holes.
riff anvil guitars
I use these bridges on custom hexaphonic guitars. With the factory slotting for the ghost or rmc piezo saddles the installation is almost invisible. The quality of the machine work and plating is excellent, the first hipshot bridge I used on my own personal guitar has held up for about 5 years without any pitting or corrosion. That is in a tropical coastal climate, gigged on the beach all year!!! The sustain and tone is great and perfect for the piezo saddles. Hipshot seems to understand that builders and players want years of trouble free reliability, and I suspect these bridges will outlast any guitar they are put on. I can't find a single fault and i'm a nit picker.