Are you are stuck in a creative rut? The Xtender™ by Hipshot® might be just the thing to dig you out! The secret sauce of bass pros the world over, the Xtender gives you the ability to instantly drop the tuning of your low string and then back again with the flip of a lever. The BT7 is a direct replacement for Fender® Highway One tuning machines first featured on many MIM models. It is now a popular choice for many contemporary Fender® basses including Vintage Modified Squier®, USA, and Custom Shop models. Many smaller, independent builders have adopted this machine as well.
- Drop a Major 2nd (E-D) and if your strings have standard thickness cores, you can go as low as a 4th (E-B)
- DoubleStop™ feature gives you a tuning position between the high and low for a total of three tunings on one string
- Robust stamped and machined steel construction
- 27:1 tuning ratio
- Fits 18mm headstock holes
- Adjustable tension nylon bearing system
- Clover and Lollipop keys available
- Stainless steel key prevents tarnishing and rust where you touch the tuner the most
- Mounting hardware included
- Available in black, nickel, and gold finishes
Fender® and Squier® are registered trademarks of FMIC. Hipshot is not affiliated with FMIC.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to