I have a 7-string trem bridge from Hipshot on my Kiesel DC700 and I don’t like it. Here’s why:
1. The trem is HEAVY
2. The trem arm is too high from the body
3. The trem arm contact joint gets in the way when you put your wrist on the bridge or when you want to reach the knobs
4. I cannot find the right adjustment for the trem arm. It is either too tight or too lose
5. The screws to lower or highten the bridge are right under the outer strings. So you have to push the string a bit to the side to make an adjustment with the key. The Edge trem of Ibanez has this solved by putting the screws outside the strings.
6. The trem is less expressive than an Edge or Floyd Rose trem.
7. It doesn’t stay in tune that well imo
8. Last and this one I definitely cannot understand the logic of is that there is room for 5 springs but there are 6 holes to put the spring ends in! (See photo) So if I want to balance the trem and have the springs straight I can only use 2 or 4 springs. If I use 3 springs then 1 of the 3 would be positioned in an angle.
Best tremolo out there! Solid construction and you can’t beat its timing stability with some high quality locking tuners. I’ll never use Floyd’s again!