Do you love the sound of your vintage Fender® bass but wish it had more low range? Well, wish no more! A long time open secret among the world's best bass players, the Hipshot® Xtender gives you the best parts of a 5 string bass in a 4 string package. With the flip of a lever, drop your E string to D (or even B) and back again! The BT3 is a direct replacement for pre-CBS Fender® basses equipped with Kluson® reverse wind tuning machines. This tuner is also featured on countless reissue models and custom builds.
- Drop a Major 2nd (E-D) and if your strings have standard thickness cores, you can go as low as a 4th (E-B)
- DoubleStop feature gives you a tuning position between the high and low for a total of three tunings on your 4th string
- Precision Laser cut and machined construction with no casting or stamping
- 27:1 tuning ratio
- Fits 11/16" [17.5mm] headstock holes
- Adjustable tension nylon bearing system
- Stainless steel key prevents tarnishing and rust where you touch the tuner the most
- Mounting hardware included
- Available in black, nickel, and gold finishes
Kluson®, The Kluson® “K” logo and the Kluson® Pinstripes are registered trademarks of WD Music Products, Inc. Hipshot Products, Inc. is not associated with WD Music Products, Inc.
Fender® and Squier® are registered trademarks of FMIC. Hipshot Products, Inc is not affilicated with FMIC.
Warning: This product can expose you to chemicals including nickel compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to